Skip to content

Get your 2024 Portugal tax return done by the right team.

From 50€ get Portugal tax advisory and planning with meticulous 2024 filing and previous year review.
Our expat tax team ensures compliance and maximize your savings.


Taxbordr: simple 2024 expat tax return for Portugal

Filing expat taxes in Portugal doesn't have to be a challenge. At Taxbordr, our experienced tax specialists simplify the process for the 2023 income year.

Accurate and timely tax return submission

Full compliance with Portuguese tax laws

Maximum tax refunds and savings

Personalized advice tailored to your financial situation

Why choose Taxbordr?

  • Leverage NHR tax benefits and international treaties
  • Avoid penalties with guaranteed compliance
  • Benefit from proactive tax planning for your future
  • Experience peace of mind with our expertise and client service

Client success stories

"Taxbordr's insights maximised my tax return as an expat in Portugal. Their personalised service saved me time and money." - John D., Software Engineer, Porto

"As a retiree in Portugal, Taxbordr made my tax filing stress-free and efficient." - Maria S., Retired, Algarve

Simplify your Portugal tax filing in 3 steps

Share your tax details and financial goals for 2023

Receive a personalised quote from us

Review and approve your optimised Portugal tax return

Do you need to file a Portugal tax return?

If you earned income from any of the following sources in Portugal during 2023, you likely need to file a tax return.

Employment or pension income
Investment, rental, or capital gains income
Foreign income or income from other sources

Get your 2024 expat tax quote 

Complete the form below to receive a custom quote (starting at 50€) from a Taxbordr expert for your 2023 tax return. Your information will be kept strictly confidential.


When is the Portugal tax return deadline?

The Portugal tax return deadline is typically by the end of June of the year following the tax year. For the 2023 tax year, the deadline will be June 30, 2024.

Can Taxbordr help me apply for the NHR tax regime?

Yes, our tax experts are well-versed in the Non-Habitual Resident (NHR) tax regime and can assist you in applying for this beneficial tax program as part of your tax filing process. We'll guide you through the eligibility requirements, application process, and help you maximize the advantages of the NHR regime.

How does Taxbordr protect my personal information?

At Taxbordr, your privacy and data security are our top priorities. We employ state-of-the-art security measures and adhere to strict confidentiality protocols to safeguard your personal information. Our systems are designed to ensure the highest level of data protection, and we maintain compliance with all relevant privacy regulations.

What documents do I need to provide for my Portugal tax return?

To prepare your Portugal tax return, we'll typically need the following documents:

  • Personal identification (e.g., passport, tax identification number)
  • Income documentation for the tax year (e.g., payslips, bank statements, rental agreements)
  • Expense documentation for deductions (e.g., medical expense receipts, education fees)

Our tax experts will provide you with a personalized list of required documents based on your specific situation and guide you through the process of gathering and submitting them securely.

How can I claim foreign tax credits on my Portugal tax return?

If you've paid taxes on income earned abroad that is also taxable in Portugal, you may be eligible for foreign tax credits to avoid double taxation. Our team at Taxbordr will assess your eligibility and help you accurately claim these credits on your Portugal tax return. We'll ensure that you provide the necessary documentation and forms to support your foreign tax credit claim, maximizing your tax savings while maintaining full compliance with Portuguese tax regulations.

Join the growing number of expats in Portugal who trust Taxbordr for their tax filing needs. Experience the difference of expert, personalized tax advice.